Tuesday

Door Art

     This interesting exterior door on our old house was covered with flaking gray house paint and pretty damaged from the 2004 twin hurricanes.

  I didn't know what to do with it and put off the repair project for years.

     I got the idea to paint it this way, accentuating the carved flowers, from my artist neighbor and friend, Pat, who has a similar door.

             He did extra cool stuff to his, like cutting out a window and putting molding around the edges.



                                   After many hours of sanding, priming and playing with paint, I like   how the door ultimately turned out.  Now................no more
                                                  hurricanes.................

       ok. Sooner or later, I'll get back to painting canvases.

    


No comments: