Wednesday

Lotus and Koi


This was my Summer project, and first painting that  I started at my downtown studio in the ArtBank in Fort Pierce. The idea came to me during a yoga class when our teacher used the lotus plant in a metaphoric story. She later explained how important the entire lotus plant is in certain cultures, especially the root.  I wanted to depict the whole plant in a different way, a side view of the pond. After weeks of pondering my plan and collecting photos, including a hard to find photo of the lotus root that my yoga teacher found, I finally started the painting early last Summer, working on it off and on, finishing up in September.

24 x 48 inches Acrylic on Wrapped Canvas. Ready to hang!


This painting was on display at Backus Gallery and Museum during the months of October and November 2009 for the Best of the Best Juried Art Show. 


No comments: